whovian223

Re: From Zero to Hero Star Realms [Tournament Thread]

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi Whovian, you have sent me a challenge with Gambits cards included.
i will decline that and send a new one with Promos instead of Gambits.
as starting player is randomized, that will be ok, right?
image.jpeg
Yep, that's fine!

I didn't notice the gambits were enabled

Sorry about that. Glad you noticed!

Holsten-Knight

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Stage 2 Holsten > Irishdomer:

In both games I was happy the games did not last longer, as Irishdomer had the better deck in the end. That is where a lot of experience in SR is good, you get a feeling how long games will last. And as usual the events (something you can't plan) were in my favor... I still don't like the events addon. :oops:

GG, well played.

hardco

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Hardco over Robthomasson 2-1

Unfortunately, I felt that the first two games were decided by early events. Game one Robthomasson got an early 4 cost ship for free for an early boost. Game two I got a first turn scrap of all of my Vipers, leading to a turn 3 Ark. Even still, that game was close.

In game 3 we were both up to a slow start, but his deck seemed more aggressive. Eventually I picked up a Command Ship, which combined with some Blob allowed me to draw the deck one turn, and a fair bit of it the next turn to just finish him off.

Nice match, if only there was a way to turn off events and keep all the ships...

robthomasson

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Hardco over Robthomasson 2-1

Unfortunately, I felt that the first two games were decided by early events. Game one Robthomasson got an early 4 cost ship for free for an early boost. Game two I got a first turn scrap of all of my Vipers, leading to a turn 3 Ark. Even still, that game was close.

In game 3 we were both up to a slow start, but his deck seemed more aggressive. Eventually I picked up a Command Ship, which combined with some Blob allowed me to draw the deck one turn, and a fair bit of it the next turn to just finish him off.

Nice match, if only there was a way to turn off events and keep all the ships...
I seemed to end up going/hoping for the aggro style "early kill before he builds up his forces" in all three games - with success in the first, narrow failure in the second and wide failure in the third. The events did influence the first two games - the effect of being lucky with them does always seems to be more apparent than when, say, you get a lovely drop into the trade row or pull the right card combo. I guess it is exaggerated because they are events - ones that the players have no control over at all.

In any case - congrats to hardco and his nice, tight play. I prefer to lose to the eventual winner - so please make that so.

geigerm

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:38 am

geigerm (10) > JaneHatke (-4)
geigerm (51) > JaneHatke (0)

The first game was a battle, in which I was down to single digits in authority but had just enough bases and Trade Federation cards to stay alive long enough to whittle down my deck and put together enough combat to win.

I was just lucky in Game 2--virtually everything went my way. Used a blue/green combo deck for the win.

Good games! I'm onto my semis with Holsten ...

JaneHatke

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:17 am

@geigerm, congrats on your wins! Good luck in the next round! Great playing!

Holsten-Knight

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Holsten > Geigerm in two very intense, close, fast and well played games.

11:-2
And
1(!):-13

Absolutely fun and great play! GG

geigerm

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Holsten > Geigerm in two very intense, close, fast and well played games.

11:-2
And
1(!):-13

Absolutely fun and great play! GG
Congrats, and thanks for the very good, very quick games. That last one killed me--I knew going into that last round that I'd leave you with just 1 authority and desperately hoped I'd get one more chance.

Good luck in the final.

Holsten-Knight

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:57 pm

That last one killed me--I knew going into that last round that I'd leave you with just 1 authority and desperately hoped I'd get one more chance.
Of course I had calculated your possible damage, but still broke a sweat if any events would show up. Glad it didn't, plus I had luck with my last draw of course.

JammaTal

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Jamma over whovian223 with 2:1 games.

after my win in the first game, the second was a one-sided victory for whovian.
in the last game i was lucky to acquire good early starbases, pushed by events, and was in control from then on.

Return to “The Tourney Dome”