Nick VXYZ123

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:44 am

Thank you Mr. Giorgiou.

I just discovered the CM series a few days ago. I was an avid CC fan from the very first demo through the most recent release, Bloody Fist. Still a great series and the Normandy theater is a good one. However, it's the same game with just a few tweaks and the graphics are still horrendous. There's also little depth to gameplay after all these years.

I downloaded the CMBN demo after reading this article and the comments. Well, I'm hooked. The game is incredibly immersive but intuitive and therefore easy to learn if you've played any combat game - even mashers like C&C or the original AoE. Just look at the menu bottom left and your good to go. The WEGO is also a new concept for me and I love it. Making troop movement decisions like this is more realistic when you need to let them play out for 60 seconds before changing course. "Nice move, Major. The entire platoon was wiped out. Got any better ideas for how to get that tank gun."

Here's my first crushing experience with CM and WEGO. My lead rifle team sneaking up the stream trying to flank a tank gun (min 30 of tutorial). Lots of cover fire behind and smoke. They have casualties and are cowering and disorganized. They then rally and take the offensive. Then a different tank gun from behind them... wait till the end.

I laughed my A$$ off watching that play out live and on a loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_yVyFw ... e=youtu.be

Nick VXYZ123

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:54 am

Just look at the menu bottom left and your good to go.
CORRECTION: BOTTOM RIGHT MENU.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”